Hi everyone! Happy Spring! I am so excited and looking forward to the warm weather. Today I would like to share my first attempt at a reverse canvas. I made this canvas for Simply Renee.  Please be sure to stop by their blog for amazing organization tips, projects and giveaways!  




This canvas measures 20” x 20” and is somewhat like a GIANT layout! I had so much fun making this project because I used so many different elements. For a brief tutorial describing how I texturized the frame of my canvas, click here.
All of the chipboard elements, including these Ornate Corners (DA0315), are made by The Dusty Attic. I inked these corner chippies with Glimmer Mist and randomly embossed them using Distress embossing powder. I embellished each corner with mulberry flowers as well as floral vines made by Prima and pearl flourishes by ZVA.
I used a template to give me the basic shape of this stitched flourish, but I added additional stitches to achieve greater detail.
The white Ferns (DA0507) are also chipboard elements and were painted white and covered with glitter.
I purchased this gorgeous butterfly from Kay's Kreative Korner.  She has an amazing selection of butterflies.

This flower is made by Prima and was originally a light blue. I inked it using Glimmer Mist to match my papers. The Swirly Vine (DA0117) chipboard element was painted and inked in several colors to give it a distressed look.

This is the actual cap that my daughter wore in the hospital. :o) I can’t believe how tiny it is! It is amazing how quickly children grow.
I tend to do a lot of hand- stitching on my layouts. I love the added texture it adds to any project.  (Ornate Corner #6 DA0465)
To create the masked flourish on the photo, I used a Prima mask and Distress Ink. The pearl flourishes are made by Prima and ZVA, and the green foliage is a chipboard element that was dry embossed and inked.
A little lace was stitched beneath my photo to add a softer feel to my canvas. The Decorative Frame chippie (DA 0207) was altered the same way as the ornate corners.
This is my twisted lacing technique. I love to add lacing to my projects. You can find the tutorial for this lacing here.
The title is made from Thickers alphabet stickers. The smaller letters are foam Thickers that were inked and coated with Glossy Accents to give it a crackled effect. The fence is made out of real wood. I painted it white and inked it to give it more of a worn look.

I really enjoyed working on this canvas. It was slightly different from creating a traditional layout. I look forward to making another one soon... but perhaps not SO large. :o)


For a list of products used, please click on the link below.
Her First Breath... Took Mine Away


Thank you for visiting!  Have a fabulous day!