Hello again!  Thanks for stopping by!  This is a layout of my son when he was a little over a year old (back in 2004).  He was hiding from me and hid under a table.  I managed to snap this picture of him and I love the expression on his face.  ("Did mommy find me yet?")  As always, I did a lot of distressing and some masking.  Even though I tried to make it as 'boyish' as possible, I managed to squeeze in 3 flowers.  Ok, ok.  Maybe 4 flowers.  LOL.  I can't help myself!  I'm a floral designer so you know I have to use a few flowers!
The title is made up of a chipboard sign that I inked and highlighted with gold paint (and a little bling).  I also stamped some flourishes onto the sign to spice it up a bit.  I used metal letters from Making Memories and Grungeboard by Tim Holtz.  The Grungeboard was first painted in antique linen Crackle Paint, then misted in walnut stain, dabbed with gold acrylic paint, and finally, smeared with some Stickles in frayed burlap.  In real life, you can distinguish between all of these layers, but I could not capture a good picture of it.
  This is a close-up of a torn distressed frame that I made.  For a quick tutorial on how to make it, click on the following link or visit my tutorials section: Torn Distressed Frame Tutorial
The corner element is a chippie that was misted in walnut stain with a touch of Perfect Pearls and also highlighted in gold acrylic paint to give it a more rustic look.  The paper tearing and lacing was so fun to do!  For easy instructions on how to achieve the same look, please click on the following link: Eyelet Lacing Tear Tutorial.  The flourish you see over the masked area is also Grungeboard by Tim Holtz.  It was inked in walnut stain and then covered in Distress Stickles in walnut stain as well.  I then used my heat tool which gave it a more uneven texture.  Remember that the only type of Stickles that can be heated are Distress Stickles.  Regular Stickles will usually bubble up and it is not recommended. 
I found this heart locket in the jewelry section at Michael's.  I inked it with alcohol ink in copper and then stamped it with Staz On solvent ink.
All of the eyelets I used on this page (52 to be exact LOL) were inked with copper alcohol ink.  The Prima flourish beneath the picture was cut apart and positioned in different places.

For a list of products used please click on the link below:
Thankful For You

Thanks for taking the time to visit!