I first wrapped the jar with random-sized pieces of Donna Salazar's Girlie Grunge Gauze and adhered them using Beacon's Fast Finish Decoupage. This is a clear liquid that you can easily brush (or squirt) on to the surface to adhere the gauze. I made sure to bunch up some of the gauze to create a distressed texture, and I left a few areas of the surface bare for the next step.
One of my favorite mediums to use is Ceramic Stucco by Liquitex. I use this often because it easily creates a gorgeous texture, as you can see. I dip a dry, fluffy paint brush into the stucco and then pounce onto the areas I wish to cover. You can vary the look by using more or less of the medium.
Once the Ceramic Stucco was dry, I spritzed the entire jar with mixtures of Distress Ink Reinkers and water. Then I dry-brushed a light layer of gesso onto the surface to emphasize the various textures.
Around the edge of the lid, I adhered one of Donna Salazar's Lace Ribbons to soften the look of the jar.
I added a mixture of Prima flowers and hand-made flowers to both sides. The hand-made flowers were cut using Donna's Bitty Blossom dies. I can't live without these dies! I use them to make flowers for all of my projects!
And of course, my project wouldn't be complete without some Dusty Attic chipboard! The chippies you see here are called Foliage #5 and can be purchased HERE.